Monday, October 17, 2011

The Choices We Make

Greetings,
     Once again it is a privilege to be a part of your day.  Yesterday I preached a sermon about choices.  In Matthew 22 Jesus speaks about "rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's".  Within this scripture Jesus makes it clear that we, as Christians, are called upon, daily, to make choices.  Obviously, I am not talking about choices like what blouse you are going to wear today or whether or not today is a good day to change your underwear.  Although, the underwear thing could be pretty important!  The choices I am talking about are the tough choices in life.  Choices like "What am I going to do today to serve Christ?"
     I don't think any of us spend a lot of time on a daily basis thinking about questions like this one.  But, isn't it one of the most important questions we can ask ourselves?  If you think about it our answer to that question impacts so many other choices we make.  If I am truly called to serve God then it matters where I go and what I do.  If I have made the choice to show Christ to a dying world then what I say and how I say it matters.  For too long man has separated the choice from the actions.  For too long we have believed that what we say and what we do are two different things.  We sit in our houses of worship on Sundays and choose to try our best to seek God's will and then we go out into the world and forget that will even exists.
     Brothers and sisters, for too long we have convinced ourselves that because we believe in Christ means that we "choose" Christ.  We are called to choose Jesus each and every day.  Each day we rise with the morning is another opportunity to "choose whom we will serve".  I pray that your choice will be Christ.  For it is in our choices that we show our true selves to the world.
     If you get a chance visit my web site at www.derekhutchison.com.  I have had a blast playing around with it.  Search the site and see if God speaks to you.  I pray that he will!

Until next time, it's all about the choices!

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment