Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life Goes On!

Greetings,

On behalf of my family I want to thank all of the wonderful calls, cards, and prayers that have since the passing of my Uncle Mike.  I continue to pray for my Aunt Pat, Paula, my father, and all who are grieving his loss.  But, as my father has always told me following tragedies, "Son, the sun will still come up tomorrow".  Indeed it will.  As a pastor, I experience loss quite frequently.  Whether it be from the loss of a loved one in my congregation or a loss of my own family I have come to realize that the the adage, "Life Goes On!" is so true.

Today I begin my week long mission trip with my senior high youth group.  The way that I know that life goes on is by the fact that life didn't wait for me to get ready for the trip.  With the packing, planning, and perspiring that accompanied me trying to get ready life ran right over me. Our group will be working this week in Lamar, CO and even though Lamar is only about 36 miles from Las Animas the same type of preparation is required.  We have made it safely to the church we are staying at and we now begin the 6 day journey together!

The reason I tell all of you this is that you will, soon, be listening to another voice on my blog.  I am sure that is the not the correct description of what will be happening but I leave it out there for all of you to ponder.  Over the next 6 days you will have the great privilege of reading what goes though a teenagers mind during a 7 day mission trip.  I feel like there should be some sort of warning label affixed to your computer screen right now but I am not quite sure to warn you about.  Nevertheless, I encouraged to stay tuned for words and pictures that will record, for all of the world to read and see, our Mission Trip 2010.

Good Luck and may God have mercy on our souls!

Blessings,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment