Monday, October 12, 2009

God Listens...

Greetings in the name of Christ,

Today I want to talk to you about how God listens.  Following my brain surgeris I had a deep emotional response to God.  No, it was some fanciful appreciation for getting me though the surgeries.  Nor was it a sense of indebtedness to Him for letting me get up off the operating table and conitnue my life as a husband, a father, and a pastor.  And as much as I would like to admit to you that I did all of those things mentioned above it would be a lie to do so.  My emotional response towards God was anger.

That's right, I found myself so angry at God for allowing this to happen to me.  I was angry at God for letting the pain continue nonstop 24 hours a day.  I resented the fact that He had the power to change everything and yet chose not to.  How could this be?  How could He do this to me?  I am the one that had given everything of myself to serve Him.  I went when he said "GO" and followed where He led.  I give all of this to Him and this is how He repays me?  That's how my prayers sounded and it lasted for many years

Yet 6 years after those surgeries I still have pain non-stop.  I still make trips to the neurologist and neurosurgeon.  I still get in the MRI tube or CAT scan doughnut every year to see what the cyst is doing that day.  But, after all of that yelling at God, after all of those arguments at the throne of Grace,  God still listened and He still listens today.

If I have learned anything through my medical trials I have learned that good or bad, loud or soft, repentent or obnoxiuos, God listens.  So as I go forth in my story let me tell you how I knew that God was listening.  See Ya tomorrow.

Blessings,


Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment