Friday, July 23, 2010

I Have Seen by Jacob Hutchison

The following is taken from Jacob's mission journal:

I have seen a man who loves.  I have seen young adults, listeners, and missionaries.  There have been achy knees and confused brains.  All within the first day of mission!  I have seen a devoted pastor teach to ready and able ears.  I have felt the sting of tears in my very eyes.  No son wants to watch his father break down.  I have felt the brush of angel's wings and a voice spelling out mission.

I have seen a rejuvenation of spirit.  I have seen fear wither.  With that also came a sense of abandonment.  Not in Christ, but in seeing the hotel that we would be working on.  Souls seemed to be left in an old motel where we called work.  I have seen a man battle through pain to be with his team.  In my father I have seen a new man.  In the face of my friends and family members here I have seen God. 

The legions of angels aided our intentions and Jesus Christ was strong in our hearts.  I have seen fear, pain, and hopelessness...but we have made a choice to make actions and decisions that will alter our futures in a positive way.  I have seen the sun rise on a day where God was in action.  I have felt the brush of angel's wings and have seen my Father God alive and working within each soul here.

I have seen forgiveness.  The willingness to forgive  without being asked for it.  Grace like rain falls down us.  All our stains are washed away.  I have seen the day greeted with a forgiving spirit.  I have felt the brush of angel's wings carrying the Savior's warm breath of forgiveness.
I have seen.  I have seen heaven.  I have heard the rumble of Gabriel's horn and seen the might of Michael's sword.  I have seen a choir of angels led by Christ surround us.  Our God is an awesome God., for I am one tear in a driving rain.  My voice carries to the make of the stars.  I have seen the persistence of faith.  I have seen demons flee from our spirit filled hearts.  The lightning will dance and the thunder will roll for the Lord is at hand.  The least that matters is the score at halftime. 

In the hall of forgotten things you will not see my name.  The persistence of faith keeps me strong.  I have seen heaven on earth.  I have seen Christ in others.  I have seen a new man, father, and friend, in one man.  I have seen and the Lord has seen me.  In my heart...I know that He is pleased.

Jacob Hutchison
7/23/2010

3 comments:

  1. Jacob,
    You are an amazing young man and we are so proud to say that you are our grandson! We love you.
    Papaw and Mamaw Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my heart swell with pride & my eyes sting with tears! Let your words move you to Action, Jake & you will accomplish many great things!! I love you my "Big-headed" Jakie Boy!!! xoxox Auntie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jacob! Your words are very powerful! You have so much to share of yourself and such a way of expressing what is going on in your heart. As your grandparents stated, you are an extraordinary young man.

    ReplyDelete