Sunday, November 8, 2009

Give Thanks!

Greetings,

I apologize for the lack of posts this past week.  Business can swallow up your time and make it hard to do that which you really want to do.  However, this week did give me a chance to recognize all the thanks I need to give to God.  Friday, November 6th was my brother-in-law's birthday.  As usual we gathered together to have cake and ice cream.  Terry turned forty-six and when I ask him how old he was, HE TOLD THE TRUTH!

Now, I know it is custom that females don't really like to tell their true age.  However, when I heard Terry say he was 46 I thougt of how great it would bve for me to get to 46.  I have five more years to go!  Normally I probably wouldn't think about birthdays that much.  However, my life is anything but normal.  I can remember during my brain surgeries that I would  would pray for just one more day from God.

I have found on my journey home that each and every day that God gives me is special.  Realistically, I probably don't deserve those days.  But, then, none of us do.  No one is guaranteed tomorrow.  Not one of us can say that I will be here in a week.

Because this fact is so true I want to challenege each of us to give God thanks for the day we have and the things He has blessed us with.  You may havenot survived brain surgery, but I've never had cancer, or the death of a child, or a number of other things that keep us from thinking that we can go on.  God gave us that next day and He has given us today but doesn't promise tomorrow.

Live today like it was your last.  Tell someone you love them, enjoy a sunrise or a sunset, take in God's creation and give Him the thanks for it.

I am looking forward to my 46th birthday.  But, if I don't get it I sure have enjoyed the ride!

Blessings,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment