Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Journey Begins!

It all began...
This is how all stories begin, isn't it? For those who don't know me my name is Derek Hutchison. I am a pastor at the First Presbyterian Church in Las Animas, Colorado and this is my story!My story begins in a Dr's office with the words...you have a cyst in your brain! I have to admit that the word "cyst" was much better than the word "tumor" however, at that point I didn't know what all of this meant. So after numerous MRI's, CAT scans, neurological tests and eye exams it was determined that I needed to have the cyst removed.The cyst was the size of a quarter and it was resting on my pineal gland. That gland sits in the middle of your brain and is located in the area where sight, hearing, and, well, everything else transfers from one side of your brain to another. The decision to have the surgery was hard but there was no choice. The neurosurgeon felt that it could be cancer but the only way to know was to go in and see. So, the day after the 2004 Super Bowl I went to Parkview Hospital in Pueblo, CO to have brain surgery! Little did I know that this would be the first in a series of brain surgeries that would take my faith in God on a roller coaster ride!Talk to you tomorrow! Blessings in Christ!


Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment