Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You've Got To Get Right Back Up!

Greetings,

     I want to take just a moment and share with you a wonderful working of God! It began early this morning as my alarm clock blared out its familiar "chimes" at 4 AM.  It wouldn't have been that bad if I had not just closed my eyes a mere two hours ago but there I was dragging myself up off the floor (that's where I was after falling out of the bed) in the wee hours of the morning.
     After taking a shower my blood began coursing once more through my veins. My excitement for the business of the day grew as I felt God calling me to "go" and "do".  Unfortunately, the taxing effort of pulling my pants up and my shirt on exhausted any of the energy reserves that I had placed in storage for my great day of ministry and I found myself, once again, struggling to pick myself up off the floor.  I truly believe it was only by the grace of God that I even had the strength to squeeze the tube of toothpaste hard enough to somehow eject enough toothpaste to make the whole process of brushing my teeth worth my while.  But after grabbing my computer bag and touching four of the seven steps of the staircase ( I missed the other three) I found myself, once again, picking myself up from another floor in my house (this one was at the base of my stairs!)
     By this time I was seriously questioning whether I had misread God's call to "go" and "do"!  Perhaps the real message was "stop" and "don't"!!!  Nevertheless, my ride was here, my first counseling session was due in my office in one hour and the world was waiting!  As I walked out the door I couldn't help thinking what would be the next thing I would be picking myself up off of.  I wouldn't have long to wait!
     I made it to Las Animas just fine but that's because I wasn't driving.  I did find out that two hours of sleep isn't enough time needed to be able to accurately line up your mouth with that hole on your Styrofoam coffee cup!  Thank God the brain surgery killed the pain receptors! But I got to the church and you would have thought that just the mere fact of crossing over the threshold of the church door would have afforded me some sort of sanctuary like the hunchback guy from Notre Dame...well, you would have thought that!
     By the way, have you ever tried to put a key in a lock, in the dark, with a bag in one hand, and a cup of coffee in the other?  The crazy part was that wasn't the problem.  The problem was that I was so out of it I wasn't smart enough to set the bag and the coffee down and turn on the light!  So, five minutes and a lot of ego later I finally gave in and did it the easy way!  Now safely inside my office I was sure that I was safe from the big, bad, world that God had sent me out into but little did I know that my office was just the next place I would have to pick myself up off the floor!  Yep!!!!  That's right!!!  My feet, my trash can, my chair, my floor, my butt!!!!!  I swear by the time the whole ordeal was over I had half a mind just to stay down there and sleep the rest of the day away!  But I knew I couldn't.  I knew I had a job.  I had people to counsel, Bible studies to teach, meetings to attend, and oh yeah......coffee to make!
     Let me tell you how the story ends.  Scripture tells us that God never gives us anything that we can't handle.  Well, I believe that's right to a certain extent.  You see just before my first counseling session was to start at 6:30 AM I unlocked the church door, went into my office, started the coffee, grabbed my coffee cup, stood in front of the coffee pot, and promptly fell asleep standing up!  At least that's how I started out!  You see God must have known that I needed just a few more minutes of the old shut eye because when the church door opened and my first counselee came walking in the church my eyes popped wide open.  But they weren't staring at the coffee pot... they were staring at the ceiling!  So for one last time I picked myself up off the floor for God.
     But you see I been doing that for the last eight years!  I hope you got a kick out of my long day in the kingdom of God!

Blessings,

Derek

2 comments:

  1. Great blog really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...Tera Gold
    buy tera gold
    Tera Item

    ReplyDelete
  2. POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men on when the flowered shirt certainly must avoid raising the quantity the POLO Shirts For Men., before others will think that you will be a southern coastal provinces guest, now has the possibility to think that this will be the young nouveau riche who will set up a stall does business. Certainly, looked at these many rules, you internal outside, high and low clothing's matching has not grasped as before, that tightens records one: Regardless of the white shirts matches anything to be appropriate long sleeve for women.
    A white shirts cannot change the black magic, but with the different color POLO Sweaters For Men supplement, will have the rich change. The white shirts may treat as the uniform, puts on appears has the masculinity very much, both heroic and sex appeal. The white shirts may also be a dance suit, even may treat as the coat to put on, how to put on is decided completely by yours individual personal status and the style polo shirt.
    The white shirts adds the black tie, ash trousers in this case then may apply. Such three put on the law, one kind of very free office worker felt for the Polo for women polo, does not need to trade the color daily, simple has the personal status, is office worker's best matching POLO T-Shirts For Men.

    ReplyDelete