Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hey it's Jacob back for another post on my dad's blog. I am currently on a mission trip in Oklahoma City. Dad was not able to be here and I deeply wish for everyone who reads this to pray for him. He is the bravest and most incredible person I will ever meet in my life and I know it tears him up not being able to be on this mission. God has a plan for everything in our lives. He has been working with me in what I consider one of the toughest missions I've been apart of. I have been dealing with my own sorrows and valleys in my life and this mission is helping me use God to deal with them. Lately I have been missing those little things that the Lord does in our lives that make a huge difference. Like when someone gives you kind words or a hug when you need it the most. Those things from God are helping me get through all the the stuff that is hard. I have also learned that even though you don't get what you pray for automatically that doesn't mean that God has ignored your prayer completely. He does what he thinks you need in your life to get you closer to him. At first I was so upset that all of these horrible things were happening and I couldnt find God in anything. But then I looked and found him in a place that was in front of me the whole time...my sister Stephanie. She has taken care of me and showed me how to live life for God and with God in every action you take. She has showed me how to love as well. I owe most of my "recovery" to her. I have learned that most of the time you dont see how the Lord has answered a prayer for you, but the ripples are endless. In the darkest times and places of our lives we cling to that canlde in the dark. But if it goes out unexpectedly you need not fear. God will give you a flame in some shape or form to put you back in the light.
         I will leave you with lyrics from a song by Tenth Avenue North that I think all of us can relate to.
         "My love is over, it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between. The times you're broken. The times when you mend. The times you hate me and the times that you bend. The times you're healing and when your heart breaks. The times when you feel like you've fallen from grace.The times you are hurting. The times that you heal. The times that you have been tempted to steal. The times of confusion and chaos and pain. Ill share in your sorrow under the weight of your shame. Im there through your heartache and there through the storm. My love I will keep you by my power alone. I dont care where you've fallen or where you have been. Ill never forsake you, my love never ends. It never ends. My love is over, it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between." Love you dad.

5 comments:

  1. Great post son! Miss you and sis so much! Keep working for God!

    Love ya,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob,
    Your post was awesom!!!! You are an amazing young man and we love you!!!!Thank you for being there for your Dad!!!!
    Papaw and Mamaw Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post &Beautiful blog.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete