Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Greetings,
        Its Jacob here again with another post on Supermans blog! My last 2 posts were about my dads past brain surgeries. But with graduations just around the corner I want to talk about my cousin Jessica and sister Steph, both of who are graduating in a few days. Im not usually known as a big softie but talking and thinking about graduation day chokes me up. I know u might be wondering why Im on my dads blog writing about other things besides him, but Ive been wanting to kind of share with him memories and emotions about our family. Back to Steph and Jessica. You wouldnt know it by looking but I do love my sister very much. Even though there are few "I love you's" exchanged between us I cant bear to think about her leaving. She might be ready to leave and start her new liife but Im not ready for her to leave this life...and me behind. I know dad feels the same way. As we aged more I feel like we became closer. I dont want her to forget how special the bond between a brother and sister is. Even as I write this now I feel how lonley it will be at home when shes gone.
       When we were younger, Jessica always played with Steph and didnt care alot for me. I know she does of course. Like mine and Stephs bond, mine and Jessicas bond solidified as we grew older. I can remeber her defending me and protecting me when we were little. That hasnt and wont change ever.But with those feelings of love also come sadness. Her and Steph will be going to the same college which is a great thing, but again I will be missing them both with all my heart. Them being older than me always made me look up to them and my hopes are that they wont forget bonds made with me as they go out and start familys of their own.
       There is a point to all that im saying. That point is I love my family. Even though I feel remorse that a piece of them is leaving I would hop that the whole memory of a familys love will never die. And who knows maybe 20 years down the line we will all live in the same little town with families of our own, still unity with our families love.
                                                    Until next time.
                                                                 Jake

1 comment:

  1. Hi Big Jake ...Let me tell you first hand sweetheart that a Brother Sister bond doesn't diminish when one of the siblings moves away. I believe it gets stronger because you are no longer able to "touch" that person everyday, so you "think" about them even harder! I love, respect, & honor the man that your Dad is. Emulate your Dad & you will become a very good man, Jake. Steph loves you, she will love you now, she will love you in Greeley, she will love half way around the world! And yes, Jessica & Jenna love you too....even though they thought you had dumb dinosaurs like "Velociraptorstinkysaurus"!!!!!! Love you Big Jake! Auntie :)

    ReplyDelete