Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What a week!

 GREETINGS!!!


I know that I said that I would be down for a while and I am not really back here to post anything exciting! (that's assuming that anything I post IS exciting) I just wanted to keep all of you up to date on the kind of week I have been having. First, my mom fell and broke her wrist while trying to shovel snow! I know, what in the heck is she doing shoveling snow!? She's a great mom and a great wife and she is trying to protect my dad from a heart attack! In the meantime she goes down and breaks her right wrist and so, now, my dad gets to put her makeup on her. I will try and get some of those pictures and post on the blog. OH, if wishin' made it so!

Also, the Colts lost! nuff' said!

I had a session meeting yesterday (it's the governing board of the church). Couldn't have gone worse, well it could have but it went the way it went and it has just added to the stress I am experiencing. I now spend most of my time counseling individuals. It is rewarding but draining. I actually love that part of my job. It feels like I might actually be helping someone. We still have the prayer event coming up next week. I hope I am alive to enjoy it.

The best part of my week has been the fact that I finished reading The Noticer by Andy Andrews. I know it sounds like I am receiving payments from Andy Andrews, because my blog is practically a fan website, but I assure you I am not. My dad had told me that it was a great book. He was right! If you only read one book this year make it The Noticer. Life changing is all I have to say about it. I can't wait to read The Lost Choice.

Anyway, that is a little bit of my life and the week I am having. If you are a prayer I would appreciate your prayers. If you are not a prayer I would encourage you to become one. Well, I better run, believe it or not, I have a counseling session in 10 minutes.

Can't wait to meet you here again very soon!

Blessings,

Derek

1 comment:

  1. man sounds like a hectic week! Don't forget to slow down and take the time to enjoy the little things :) btw i am pretty excited about Bridges of Madison County...Movie Mondays are always one of the best parts of the week for me! I'll deffinately throw a few prayers in for you, just be sure to do the same...see you Sunday.

    Harry

    p.s. If I could ask God just one question, I would ask him if Judas went to heaven...because I really want to know :)I can find most of the answers to my other questions in the Bible...but scripture leaves that one out, and I feel that the answer is important and worth pondering.

    ReplyDelete