Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pass It On

Greetings,

As many of you know I am in the middle of a week long prayer event with three other churches in my small community of Las Animas, CO.  It has been an inspiring and moving week thus far.  God has truly blessed the efforts of so many volunteers this week.

I, quickly, want to share with a great opportunity that has come my way.  I have agreed to become an affiliate member of AndyAndrews.com.  What this means is that, soon, you will be seeing adveritsements and banners, besdies the ones that you already see, on this blog.

I have been so touched and moved by Andy's books that I can't help but try and pass them along.  I have to admit, though, that I come nowhere close to my father's endeavor to share these books.  After my blogs regarding Andy's book The Traveler's Gift my dad began sharing these books with many people, including me!  He has done a great job in passing along some of the great wisdom that Andy has to share.

If you have not seen or heard or read any of the books by Andy Andrews click on the links and check them out.  I will receive a commission for any books purchased from my site.  Although that is a good thing, I really just want to try and get these books into the hands of as many people as I can.  Next to the word of God I have never read any books that have made as big of an impact on me as the books by Andy.

I want to thank my Dad for sharing as he has and want to let you know that, if you decide to read them, you won't be disappointed!  So check out the Andy Andrews clicks that soon will be added to this blog.  The ones that you see right now are just the banners that I placed there myself.  New ones are on the way!

So, until we meet again, I wish you happiness and a blessed day!

PS Dad I checked at Wal Mart and they are Warbird PLUS.  Those are the ones that I use!

Blessings,

Derek

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deke! I recieved this email from my daycare mommy, Lisa Sedillo & thought I would put it on here...it's awesome! 17 yr. old Brian Moore had only a short time to write something for a class assignment. "It's the best thing I ever wrote", he told his Father...it was also his last. His cousin found the essay while cleaning out his locker @ Teays Valley High School in Ashville, Ohio. 2 months before he had written the essay about encountering Jesus in a file room full of cards...detailing every moment of the teens life. Brian died May 27, 1997 the day after Memorial day. He was driving home from a friends house when his car went off Bulen-Pierce road & struck a utility pole. He emerged from the wreck unharmed but stepped on a downed power line & was electrocuted. The Moore's want to share their son's vision of life after death..."I know Brian's in Heaven, he's happy & I will see him soon", his Mother Beth says. "The Room"...In a place between wakefulness & dreams, I found myself in a room. There was one wall covered from floor to ceiling with index card files, like the ones in a library. The files ranged from the mundane to the outright weird..."Girls I have liked", "Friends", "Friends I have betrayed", "Books I have read", "Lies I have told", "Comfort I have given", "Jokes I have laughed at". Some were almost hilarious in their exactness.."Things I have yelled @ my brother!"...some not so nice, "Things I'v done in anger", "This I muttered under my breath @ my parents". There were more cards than I expected, sometimes fewer than I hoped. I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of life that I had lived. Each card confirmed the truth, in my own handwritting, each signed with my signature. When I came to a file marked "Lustful Thoughts", I felt a chill run through my body. I drew out a card & shuddered @ it's detailed content. My only thought was no one must see this room, these cards, I have to destroy everything. I became desperate pulling out the cards, to no avail...I could not destroy them. Then I saw it, the file labeled, "People I've shared the Gospel with". I could count the cards it contained on one hand, & then the tears came, I began to weep. I fell to my knees & wept out of shame...but then as I pushed away the tears, I saw Him. NO, not Him, please, anyone but Jesus! I watched helplessly as he opened the files & began to read the cards...not wanting to see his response. He walked over & put his arms around me...he didn't say a word, he just cried with me. Then he got up & walked back to the wall of files & began writing his name over mine. "NO!" I screamed, his name shouldn't be on these cards! But there it was written in red, so rich, so dark & so alive. The name of JESUS covered mine in his blood! He done it so quickly & returned to my side, placed his hand on my shoulder & said, "IT IS FINISHED". I stood up & he led me out of the room...there was no lock..there were still cards to be written. The Moore's framed a copy of Brian's essay & it hangs among the family portraits. "God used him to make a point, we were meant to find his essay", says Beth. Great stories, though sad, do inspire! Love ya Deke! Sis :)

    ReplyDelete