Monday, November 23, 2009

Amen!

I want to share with you an e-mail forward I received.  If you have alraeady received it then read it again.  As I have said before my father, uncles, cousins, my broth and I have all served our country.  These words are not my words but I am so proud of the airman who wrote them.  I will be back with my blog tomorrow!
I could not help but forward this one on as well.



God Bless our soldiers.

Derek


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6



Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 2:11 PM


This Cindy Williams is NOT the "Laverne & Shirley" Cindy Williams. She is a Assistant Director for National Security in the Congressional Budget Office...... ///////


Military Pay


This is an Airman's response to Cindy Williams' editorial piece in the Washington Times about MILITARY PAY, it should be printed in all newspapers across America.

Ms. Cindy Williams wrote a piece for the Washington Times, denouncing the pay raise(s) coming service members' way this year citing that she stated 13% wage increase was more than they deserve.


A young airman from HillAFB responds to her article below. He ought to get a bonus for this.





"Ms Williams: I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GIs earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes per month. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40, after.



I work in the AirForceNetworkControlCenter where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000 host computer network. I am involved with infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for Network Technicians in the Washington, D.C. area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years experience with my job. Amazingly, this job does NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum........... I'm sure you can draw the obvious conclusions.



Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in her armed forces. Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers headed for AFGHANISTAN; I leave the choice of service branch up to you. Whatever choice you make, though, opt for the SIX month rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment experience."



As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the primary breadwinner is gone - obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them.



Try to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night; and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE (meal-ready- to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese tortellini, and add Tabasco to everything.. This gives some flavor.



Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't nearly be long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it. You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree with most of the points you present in your opened piece.



But, tomorrow from KABUL, I will defend to the death your right to say it.



You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment rights and every other right you cherish. On a daily basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective nose at us, all on a salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies.



And you, Ms. Williams, have the gall to say that we make more than we deserve? You can kiss my royal red a**!!!



A1C Michael Bragg Hill AFB AFNCC

2 comments:

  1. AMEN !!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is>>WAY TO GO AIRMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Walk in my shoes huh.

    Love you Son. Dad,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE "mad props" for Airmen Michael Bragg! I was cheering him all the way as I was reading his letter! Unless you have been in the military.....or have seen action....you cannot possibly fathom what the men & women in uniform go through. Story after story can be recounted....still doesn't comare to being there! Our family sat down for 4 straight nights & watched the History channel special WORLD WAR 2 in HD. Jess(17) & Jenna(15) were so moved, as was I, by the footage. It was painstakingly restored......beautifully presented. It was also emotional, disturbing,& made you want to cheer & say, "That's right, we ARE the United States of America, come get some"!!!! Each soldier that fell had a family member that mourned....each solider that fell did so that Ms. Williams could have the right to print her piece. Our government will never please everyone...I don't agree with some of it's policies, but ya know what.....I am the one that put those people in office! We have the right to protest...we have the right to challenge...the right to debate issues & why do we have these liberties.....because blood was shed & lives were lost protecting those liberties! Michael Bragg doesn't make near enough money... what paycheck could ever be enough for your life? I love my country...I stand behind my country & all the Soliders that are put in harms way every single day defending her shores....I'm raising my Flag & saying "Come get some"! Great post Deke!

    ReplyDelete